Single module that is a part of MC1 Odroid - cluster. It is equipped with a powerful CPU Exynos5422 octa-core 32-bit Cortex-A15 2 GHz. The module has2 GB of RAM, built-inGigabit Ethernet port, oneUSB slot and microSD card connector. It works with systems based on Kernel LTS 4.9 and 4.14 LTS.
The device is used for applications requiring parallel operation of multiple devices.
What it takes to run minicomputer Odroid?
- MicroSD memory card - carrier, on which installed will be the operating system (min. 8 GB)
- AC adapter:
- 5 V / 4 A
The device allows you to cluster multiple modules.
Odroid MC1 works with systems based on Kernel 4.9 LTS and 4.14 LTS. The drive of the device can be microSD card.
The construction of the cluster
To create a cluster withnpieces of Odroid MC1 Solo, you need:
- n x Odroid MC1 Solo
- n xpower adapter 5 V / 2 A
- 1 xSwitch with n+1 - ports of Gigabit
- n+1 xethernet cable
- n xmicroSD card
Application examples, you will find onthe website of the manufacturer.
- Docker Swarm: the network hasa system image to download. It only requires a few configuration steps. The system has set the username: root and password: odroid. The password for both logins of the odroid. The whole consists of one computer master and 3 working nodes.
- Build a farm: a server farm is a collection of computers, that have been configured for remote compiling programs. The manufacturer prepared a sample farm for Odroid MC1.
- Pararell programming in Java: a finished environment for working with MPJ Express, the reference implementation of the mpiJava 1.2 API.
- Spark and Hadoop: installation of Hadoop and Spark on cluster Odroid XU4 or MC1.
- Remote PXE boot: How to the PXE environment using Odroid cluster. Although, the system NFS is used for the main file system of the PXE client, it is a ramdisk that is useful when the size of the main file system is small.
As a power source, the system uses the DC jack connector. The manufacturer recommends that the voltage indicated on the connector had a value of 5.0 V and a minimum output current of the used power supply shall be not less than 2.0 A for each module. In our offer, you will finda special adapter.
The manufacturer has made a number of tests to compare the performance of the cluster MC1 with popular minicomputers, for example, 3 RPi, Odroid C1, C2. The compute power of the cluster is about 7 times bigger than the one of the Raspberry Pi 3 thanks to the cores with a clock frequency of 2 GHz and the bandwidth with the width of 64 bits. The device provides professional services, unlike most single-board minicomputers.
Odroid MC1 is approximately 7 times more efficient than the Raspberry Pi 3.
The Ethernet connector has a measured speed of about 910 MB/sec. Thanks to the advanced technology used in the controller RTL8153, MC1 exceeds the systems and other devices.
- CPU:Samsung Exynos5422 ARM®
- Cores of the CPU:
- Cortex-A15 Quad-Core with a clock frequency of 2 GHz
- Cortex-A7 Quad-Core 1.4 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB of LPDDR3
- Graphics processor:Mali-T628 MP6
- Slot for microSD cards: up to 128 GB
- USB 2.0 port
- LEDs indicating of:
- The status of the system
- Port RJ45 Gigabit
- Power: DC Jack 5,5 / 2,1 mm, 5 V / 4 A
- Device's dimensions: 92 x 42 x 29 mm
- The website of the manufacturer of Hardkernel
- Technical specification
- Choosing a microSD card
- System installation - a guide in Polish language
- System installation - guide from the manufacturer
- Diagram of the module Odroid MC1
- Forum of the users of Odroid
- Docker Swarm
- Computer farm
- Pararell programming in Java
- Hadoop and Spark
- Remote PXE boot
THIS PRODUCT IS IN EUROPE, TO BE SHIP HERE IN THE UAE